Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sea of opportunities


OK, so now that I am home and substitute teaching in C-town {where word travels fast} I have been asked by several people what I want to do once I graduate. Understandably they figure I am in school for teaching, which then to their surprise I'm not. I then get this confused look on their faces and the question "well then {pause}, why are you substitute teaching? Wouldn't you rather get a job pertaining to your major?" I pause and smile {to make it seem like I know what I'm about to say} and then usually respond by saying "Well my major may be business but I have put a lot of thought into getting my masters in education and using the math background I was given by majoring in Business and teach middle school Math, plus I love working with kids." TA DA! This usually makes them smile and leave me alone. Well done.

The truth is I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate. But I don't really wanna worry about that right now. All I know is I have dreams and aspirations and I wish to accomplish them all. Here are just a few {in no particular order} live in NYC, own a hotel, be a teacher, raise a family, get married, be happy, travel, own a vacation home, etc.

So now the picture, I found it on ffffound.com and immediately loved it. I feel as though sometimes I can relate to it with some aspects of my life. I see the great big world of opportunity out there, but I'm scared, I would rather just kinda hang out in the environment I am most comfortable in. Someday I will be out there in the big open sea with the rest of the fishies, but for now, until i decide where I am going and what I will be doing, I am comfortable with just doing what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment