Monday, February 23, 2009

Are you afraid of the dark?


I am scared of pretty much everything {that is if it catches me off guard, or I am alone in the dark}. I have been this way as long as I can remember. Like this one time when i was little, I was terrified of bees. I was outside watching my dad practice his golf swing {luckily he was doing so in front of the camera so he could see what he was doing wrong}. ANYWAYS while I was watching him swing the golf club, a bee flew straight at my head and got stuck in my hair. Now you can only imagine the terror that came across my face and screaming from my lungs. I was frantic, running back and forth in the yard screaming as if I were being murdered. My dad was chasing me to find out what was wrong, because how was he supposed to know there was a bee in my hair {keep in mind the camera is still rolling}. Finally the bee gets free and I go back to hanging out in the back yard.

The fear I experience is pretty intense and it is all in my head. For example, the dark. I dont like it. It scares me. Luckily when I come upstairs after watching TV at night there is a light switch at the bottom of the stairs that I turn on, when I get to the top there is a switch to turn the previous light off and another switch to turn the next one on. When I get to the top of the next flight of stairs there is a switch to turn the previous one off and another to turn the hall light on. When I get to the end of the hallway, I reach into my room and turn on my light, and then reach out into the hallway and turn that one off. LUCKILY I don't have to walk one step in the darkness UNTIL it is time for bed. At this point I turn off the light in the room and as quickly as I can jump into bed. I jump just in case there is something under my bed... crazy I know... but I am just making sure haha

So I am a scardy cat. I'm jumpy, if you pop out from behind a corner I will scream bloody murder. If you scare me in the dark, I might just pee my pants. You won't find me at a haunted mansion {the last two I went to, I never made it inside} or a scary movie. If my friends do convince me to see a scary movie you probably won't see my face because they will constantly be covered by my hands.

BOO.. image via ffffound

No comments:

Post a Comment