Tuesday, February 10, 2009

That's a Lie, I have plenty


Today was great. I was scheduled to sub for teachers who needed to attend a meeting during school. The meeting was then canceled and I was thrown into a random first grade classroom to "help out" till lunch time. I had a blast. First graders are just the cutest. They were soo fascinated by me and my presence. When it came time to get their math problems checked by the teacher, they no longer accepted her answers, they wanted mine. I felt like I was their new queen, they worshiped me.

After lunch I was shipped out to another elementary school in town. The Hanson {not a fan}, here I taught math to second graders for an hour, we talked about the idea of making an estimation. From there, I became the chapter one special ed reading teacher. I had a total of four kids in the class and we just worked on getting the main ideas out of a short story.

So in any case, my day was busy. I came home and started some homework when I realized my days are not well planned out. I make a plan every morning, but that takes up so much time and I will often forget what I had planned when the day gets away from me. SO I decided to venture out and buy a monthly planner to get organized. Now I would like a monthly planner that has Monthly pages {where I can keep track of my subbing days and places} and weekly pages {where I can keep track of my homework assignments and tests}. I didn't think this was too large of a request until I had gone through FIVE stores, and from every one, left empty handed.

Now I remember seeing a plethora of agendas and monthly planners around December and January in every store from Barnes and Noble to CVS. So today when I went to two different hallmark stores, marshalls, cvs, walgreens, and staples and couldnt find anything I was baffled. WHHYYY are they mostly in stores when the year begins?? Monthly planners are generally used for the entire year, but you can only buy them when the year begins? Well, I wasn't feeling very organized in January, does this mean I must wait till next year?? Inconceivable.

This picture is soooo me right?

No comments:

Post a Comment