Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things you look at Change


Thursday night is finally here. A night most college kids look forward to during the week. I myself used to look forward to Thursday nights, a chance to let go and break free from all the work and stress. But now that I am no longer living on campus Thursday nights are just one night closer to the weekend. Once I get home from work I'm exhausted, I will get some homework done before I am dragged to the gym by my super fitness mom {love her, just not her opinion of the gym}. I really would love a nap somewhere in there, but sometimes there just isn't enough time.

I do miss going out with everyone back at school, but I love where I am right now. Yes, I am still taking classes for a miserable major that I don't particularly like, but I am also subbing and doing other things that I enjoy. It has also been such an eye opening experience {living away from my friends} for a few different reasons. I feel I have time to breath. I have a history of taking on everyones problems and drama and making them my own. Don't get me wrong, I am always here to listen to a friend in need. The problem was I would begin to stress about these issues instead of lending an ear and simply giving advice. But, I am getting much better at this.

In the beginning I guess you could say I was smothering/stalking my friends. I had missed them dearly and did everything I could to keep in contact and updated in their lives. But it gets to a point where you realize how one sided some of these friendships really are. Of course there is the select handful that I would never second guess as a friend, I still get the occaisonal text/im/call/message/wall post from them, and I try and do the same. Because I love, lurve, luff them.

It just gets to the point where I need to ask myself, am I putting way to much effort into a friendship that is pretty much hopeless? And if so, why don't I just let them go? The answer? Simple, I don't like losing people. Therefore when I have a friend that will lean on me whenever I'm available, I'll be there for them even if they can't be there for me as much as I would like them to. I love my friends, and I will always be there for them.

Like the picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment