Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Soundtrack to my life

I know I have mentioned this before, BUT I really love love love music. And coincidentally I am the only person in my family that wasn't born musically inclined. Even my mother... YES myyy mother was in a "band" back in high school! Her and her best friend would play gigs around town. My mom rocked the guitar while her friend "white magic" {her wicked cool stage name} would sing. So since I don't have the gift to share my music, I really like to listen to everyone elses. I have found a more profound appreciation for music since its something I long to be good at. See, this one time in elementary school I signed up to play the clarinet. I practiced all the time, and I mean ALL the time. I thought this was it, I was going to grow up to be a clarinet player. Now in reality I was terrible, but I certainly didn't think so. It wasn't until one night while I was playing my little heart out on the couch in the upstairs living room, when my sister screamed that I sounded like a dying duck and begged my mom to make me stop. Since then, I have stuck to listening and exploring different kinds of music. I am a real sucker for live music, no matter who or what kind of performance it is.

ANYWAYS today I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed. I had dedicated my day to homework and laundry. The stress didn't settle in until I realized my school work wasn't really as organized as I had thought. YES all of my classes had their own separate notebook and folder, but my assignments were all separated in their designated notebooks! I needed everything to be in one place. A trip to Barnes and noble was in order...I needed to get organized.

How could I have let this happen? This is my fifth year in college, I should have this down to a T by now. I mean come on, I have my first quiz this Friday.... Let alone my first exam on Monday! Its the the third week of school and I am falling behind already?? AHH I just want it to be overrrr

AND THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED...Sweet Disposition by Tender Trap popped into my head....It was actually more like a wake up call. I am NOT behind in school. I do NOT need to stress myself out. Once I buy my handy dandy weekly organizer it will all be there for me to see.
won't stop til it's over
won't stop to surrender




Music is everything...And that is the first song on the soundtrack of my life, I will continue adding songs as my life goes on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment